Sunday, February 25, 2007

Snow Messages

I fully expected her to go out on Saturday, like most Saturdays. But this time she didn't. Perhaps her alcohol habit is getting to be too much, or perhaps her friends are away or in treatment. So Saturday night she stayed upstairs and I stayed in the basement. But it isn't that bad, really. It is kind of nice. My daughter and I watched Flushed Away and loved it.

Today, Sunday, I was working on some home improvements when I noticed that my "wife" was not home. She must have gone out for something. And since she was gone, and it was starting to snow, I did something unthinkable. I put my car in the garage.

You see, tomorrow at 7 AM I have to drive to work. Tomorrow at 7 AM, my wife has to do nothing but sleep. She does not bother to work on Mondays. After all, why work when you have no bills? So I thought that it would be nice if I didn't have to scrape ice off my car while hanging out of the window on my way to work. I know it was a little selfish, and I would have let her have the garage if she wasn't divorcing me for last 6 months. But it was a practical decision and I did it.

When she got home with her 18-year old clone daughter (from her second marriage) they must have been annoyed that they had to park in the driveway and walk through the dusting of snow that was already melting. They left me this thoughtful message:





I can't really say it was the mother or the daughter, as the message is consistent with both of them.

Funny. I called her a "thief" in December and she called the police on me.

On the Peace Talks front, we are at a standstill. She still insists that any reference to Shared Parenting be removed from our custody agreement. And I refuse to do that. Even though our daughter has two idiots for parents, she needs both. It is her only shot. So I will not agree to anything less.

Looks like that money I had for furniture is going to be used for new leather couches in the lawyer's office instead.

No comments: