Monday, February 26, 2007

Cleaning House

This battle of wills over who will have a mental breakdown first escalates slowly. Her long-used tactic is to throw away my things. She knows that I like my things and get annoyed when they are gone. You may remember she threw out some lamps and dinner bell that belonged to my mother. And that was before the whole divorce campaign.

In the past few months she has somehow disposed of the special video cable for the xbox 360 that I bought myself for Christmas. She didn't like that I was enjoying myself so the cable was suddenly missing one day. I had to buy a new one for $39.99.

Then she threw away the stuffed bear I bought for my daughter for Valentine's Day. I found it in the trash can. Also in the trash can was the picture my daughter had colored for me as a present.

Yesterday she pulled the antenna off of my police scanner that was sitting on the kitchen counter. It is gone now. I think she believes I can listen to her phone conversations with it, but she doesn't understand that the scanner doesn't receive the 5.8 GHz frequencies that the phone uses. Nonetheless, I'll have to buy a new antenna someday.

On several occasions I have found my mail in the trash. It isn't usually bills, but it is cards, sometimes letters, and of course junk mail.

I'm thinking I could return the favor by disconnecting the TV cable or telephone. She uses both of them a lot as she sits comfortably in the house I pay for. But I won't do that. Somehow when this long marital nightmare is over, we will have to deal with each other and live with our actions. I want to sleep at night. I look forward to that.

No comments: