Friday, February 9, 2007

Fixing a Hole

There is an undeclared contest at home, to see who can do the least for the other person. Perhaps I started it.

My soon-to-be-ex-wife is still here six months after declaring independence, and is a little too comfortable. She saves her money while I pay for 100% of all the house bills. So I turned off one of the two Tivos. It is a minor protest on my part, but really, she needs to find a place!

She tried to reconnect it, but doesn't know she needs the Ethernet adapter in the top drawer of the entertainment center.

Then she bought a new clothes hamper, used it for her clothes, and stopped washing mine. That isn't much of a problem, I often wash my own anyway. But she is demonstrating that while we both work good jobs, and I pay for everything, she still runs the washer. And I will suffer now.

Then I shut off the Internet. Again, she is too comfortable in the house that she claims to be leaving (I am buying her out of it).

She tried to reconnect it, but didn't know about the wires being unplugged in the closet.

Then she stopped cooking for me. She would fix and serve dinner before I got home, and would usually fix something that I can't stand. That's not much of a problem, since I'd rather eat fast food and die young.

Now we have problems with our furnace. A safety feature trips and the furnace shuts down. You have to reset it to get heat, but she thinks I am turning it off to annoy her.

Whatever.


I don't think there is anything else that she can take away from me, since she does very little around the house and provides nothing except carbon dioxide.

Finally, I turned the Internet back on so that at least we could still communicate through email.

No comments: