I'm actually going to figure this out.
We have lived together since 1993, but my Quicken records only go back to 1995. During that time, we both worked, I paid all the bills, she bought the food.
Since 1995, I paid the following
Mortgage.......$213,776.35
Utilities.......$73,224.01
Plus, I took out loans to pay off her credit cards, including:
2002.........$6,000.00
2003.........$7,963.91
2006.........$7,600.00
Since the loans were wrapped up in the property, perhaps that is equitably distributed.
But, at a minimum, I paid $287,000.36 in housing and utilities. She paid none of that, but did buy food. If she paid $100 per week for food, that would be $57,200 out of her pocket.
That means I paid 83% of our living expenses. She paid 17%.
But over the years, she brought home about 35-45% of the income. That means she should have paid $80,480 more for her share of living costs. That is a pretty good savings.
Now she gets almost half the house, and half of my retirement savings, plus a check every month. And she just stopped contributing toward the loan I took out for some of her debt.
[You could say the check is for child support, but for 15 years she has received another check for child support for her 1st child, but none of that went for the child's housing.]
I'm going to send her a bill for that $80,480
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment