Thursday, May 17, 2007

Getting out of Dodge


We should be divorced in a week or two, but she is allowed to stay in the house until 30 days after she gets a check from my retirement fund.

Now she says that her cousins and her mother will be coming to visit for a weekend next month. She suggests that I go visit my brother in Maryland so that they can have the house to themselves and avoid the unpleasantness of actually seeing me.

Hmm. I always like visiting my brother, but I do worry that they will trash the house. And if they do trash it, insurance won't cover it because she is a resident of it.

I don't trust them.


Should I leave town, or mind the fort?

You can leave your suggestion here and I will count the votes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

STAY!!!!!! Make them as uncomfortable as possible!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Dudley says "Stay - F@#$ them !"

Anonymous said...

Stay home and invite AL, Bob, Dale, Francesca, and Cinnamon over for some hot dogs and burgers. (Make sure your high def camera is hidden and rolling)

Anonymous said...

I say you hide in the walls!

Irene :)

Anonymous said...

You are out of your F-ing mind if you leave that house!!! If I were you I'd start getting into the habit of walking around the house naked.
It’s warm enough in NJ these days...
Just do it man!!

Armand

The Ruiner said...

I stayed and they did not dare to enter the house. Guess I'm off their Christmas list.