Monday, May 14, 2007

Another Saturday Night


When I came home Saturday evening, my wife was waiting on the couch with our 5-year-old. She was waiting for someone to pick her up so that she could hit the town.

As I came into the room I noticed that she was wearing her full battle gear costume. Double makeup, big hair, and a black dress that was mostly open in front: a very deep v-neck.

But it wasn't until she stood up that I saw the whole effect. The dress was short. So short that she could ride a bicycle to the bar without actually sitting on the dress or wrinkling it. The sides had a little bit of material, but the center of the hem was high enough to chill her thighs.

I think this is the sluttiest thing I ever saw her wear, and I've seen her wear a lot of slutty things. And to be honest, it bothered me. Even though we are splitting up, we have been married for 9 years. So it was a little disrespectful to flaunt herself in that way.

But it was also a terrible example to set for the young daughter.

Maybe that sounds prudish, but I just don't remember my mother leaving us on Saturday nights dressed as a hooker, when I was little. She was a widow and certainly could have hit the town, but chose differently. And to be clear, it is really the way my wife hits the town that I disapprove of.

Our daughter looks up to her mother as a role model. She wants to wear her makeup, and use her hair brush. Pretty soon she will want her own little hooker outfit, and that is where I draw the line.

Of course, my wife thinks nothing of it. She thinks that she is exposing our girl to high fashion (by exposing herself to underage bar patrons).


It all worries me, because there is little I can do about it.

In the meantime, I am stuck here. I should be officially divorced on May 24th, but she will still live here for 2-3 more months. I should never have agreed to that. Her teenage mutant daughter and her friends will be here too. Who knows, maybe my wife's new boyfriend will live here too. ...And I thought Pete was kidding about that possibility.

No comments: