Sunday, May 6, 2007

She Signed

She tells me that she signed the settlement papers a few days ago. I'm sure I will hear from my lawyer soon. This will start the Payoff Process (or, the Greed Fulfillment Transaction), and means that in about 3 or 4 months, she will actually move out.

This is a good thing because the stress level is rather high. She told me she was disintegrating the family almost a year ago. So it is about time that she signed the agreement that she wanted. Of course it is true that I gave in on every demand she made, and she gave in on none of my demands, but at least my surrender was accepted. Now I can prepare for the next chapter (11).

She has signed a contract to have a new house built, and tonight she was using a calculator to figure out how many fireplaces she could afford with my retirement savings.

Meanwhile I have ordered a cool bar to be installed in the finished basement. Next is the plasma TV and a neon "Open" sign for the window. By September I'll be organizing my new frat house.

No comments: