Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Countdown Begins


I decided that I will stay home on the weekend that she invites her family up from Tennessee. I might hide in the basement, but I'm not going to leave the house undefended.

And the end is almost in sight, now. My lawyer has finally gotten the divorce hearing on the court's calendar. In one week I'll show up at 8:30 for a quick rubber stamp on the existing settlement to make it official. My "wife" doesn't even have to show up. She can sleep late in my house and dream of her next cocktail.

At that point I have to fax the divorce papers to my retirement fund people and beg them to send her a check. First they will wait a minimum of 30 working days, and then issue a check to her. Then she has 30 more days to move out. We will be two divorced people living in the same house for 3 months or more. Is that insane or what?

She is in no hurry to move out. She pays nothing for housing now and can bank at least $2,000 each month. I wish she was in as much of a hurry to move out as she was to move in 15 years ago.

Of course the only reason I want her to move out quickly is because she is already living her single life with gusto. She hits the town every Saturday night in a slinky outfit made out of string for someone half her age. Once she is legally divorced (for a 3rd time) she might even bump it up a notch. Who knows.

I just want peace.

Once she is gone I plan to buy the biggest damn plasma TV I can afford, and I will enjoy it as I sit in the lawn furniture in the living room.

No comments: