Saturday, April 21, 2007

Taxes Included

By this time, my wife should have gotten the divorce compliant that she wanted but I filed. I filed it because the whole take-half-his-stuff-and-leave process was taking too long. And yet, even though there is no incentive to settle before going to court, she still drags her feet. It has been nine months since she first told me she wanted a divorce. She eats the same way, enjoying every last bite as she devours something.

I didn't want the divorce, but she insists. She doesn't want to leave, or contribute. And there is nothing I can do to make her leave.

Of course, given her infidelity, a divorce is a good idea.

On the bright side, I get to spend much more time with our daughter because we are still in one house. On the dark side, my wife enjoys her usual Saturday routine of applying sexy clothes, heavy makeup, and going out. She drags herself back home again on Sunday mornings.

And then there is the taxes. I had agreed to amend my tax return to include her so that she would not have to pay $3,000 in taxes. In the end she would reimburse me the $900 I would have to give back to the IRS once the return is amended. The day after she asked for this favor, she put on her hooker costume and hit the town while I watched our daughter again.

She gave me her paperwork for filing at 7PM on tax day. I spent the next few hours preparing forms and was at the post office by 11:45 PM. She did reimburse me the money however, at the last minute.

School
Now she tells me that she is going to switch our daughter to the school district she is moving to. We could use either district, but apparently this move is more about driving convenience for my wife. Under her plan, I would do most of the driving to school, and that driving would be much more than she would have had to drive if we hadn't changed schools.

Not much else is new. She doesn't pay anything for the mortgage or utilities, has stopped buying food for me, and is eating the food I am buying for myself. I just laugh. I never imagined the greed I've witnessed.

And right now her teenage daughter from husband #2 is playing her stereo with the speakers aimed out her open window. I doubt the neighbors appreciate it. I can't really say anything or else I risk another confrontation where she calls the police. Hopefully they will all go shopping today.

No comments: