
When my mail started being accidentally forwarded to her address along with her mail, I didn't know how to get it back. The post office was unable to prevent their errors, and soon my utilities and other merchants were updating my address in their systems with her address.
She did give me a few letters, but I never got my tax statements. And my credit card statement was opened. It is likely that other items were sentenced to the shredder.
As we know, I submitted another change of address for her house, sending my mail back to me. I got at least one thing that had then been forwarded twice before ending up where it started. Other mail seems to be missing and is probably going back and forth between cities.
But I didn't expect the next event. But I should have. If my post office is powerless to tell the difference between our names, then perhaps her post office is just as incompetent.
They are.
Now they are forwarding HER mail to my house. I get her credit card bills, her insurance bills, and utility bills. Her post office has made the same mistake. Or, just maybe, those bills are coming to me because I have always paid for her living expenses. Perhaps they come to me out of habit. Perhaps they know that she hasn't paid an electric bill since 1992.
Maybe. But this time I am not paying them. I should shred them, but instead I am returning them to her. Maybe she can figure out how to stop this recycling program.
No comments:
Post a Comment