
Occasionally a friend will ask me, "How are you?" I'll say Fine, and then they will ask again, "Is everything going OK?"
They are hopeful that I am making progress on finding my way out of a 15 year cruise through heaven and hell. And that is very nice of them as it is sometimes a challenge.
A couple other friends have noticed that I revisit some of this stuff from time to time and have advised me to Let it Go. This is good advice, of course. I saw it in the book I was reading, and I can't argue with the wisdom of this advice.
But the truth is, you can let some things go and they only come back and break into your house while you are sleeping, just to remind you of stuff. They sit around waiting for you to have a spare moment so they can then occupy your thoughts.
There are good memories, bad memories, faulty memories, and then having to talk to her on the phone while her boyfriend rubs her feet.
So it is a challenge to not only let them go, but lock them out.
And to render these things powerless, it helps to understand the unvarnished truth behind past events. It helps to recognize all the powers that were in play when your life got scrambled. That helps you to understand why these things must be let go and the back door bolted.
I find it is very helpful to analyze these past events and then put them in their places. There are some events and motives I am just now discovering, so that forces me to think it through, and then block it out. And then think of my happy place.
Running through this analysis is necessary, but I won't do it here, as this is not anonymous enough, and it tends to make people think that I am somehow clinging to something instead of trying to Let it Go. Those dissections of human warfare are best done on a different, more psychotic, blog.
So, yeah. Everything is going OK.
No comments:
Post a Comment