But when the clock struck Halloween, she burst in through the front door yelling, "DADDY!", grinning from ear to ear and wearing her non-sexy Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz costume. She was thrilled and could not stop smiling. "Daddy, Loooook!"
It was a great moment. She was practically bursting out of her skin (while her mother was probably busting out of her Sexy Drunk Woman in Underwear costume). She told me to watch as she twirled and her dress spun up. She giggled uncontrollably.

Her mother had apparently dropped her off and gone over to the neighbors' for the evening, so I took my daughter around the neighborhood for Trick or Treat. She practically dragged me from house to house collecting all the sugar she could carry in a bag. This year nothing deterred her from ringing every doorbell and grabbing every candy bar offered to her.
When we had covered the whole block, we came back home and started eating, filling ourselves with chocolate, sugar, crunchy things and chewy things. We ate like Kings.
And hour or so later her mother called from the neighbors and asked me to send our daughter over. It was time to leave, so I took her over and said Goodbye to a very happy and hyperactive child. Awesome.
It was only later that I found out that her mother had sent her to school in the Sexy Prisoner costume. Good thing Back to School night is already passed and I won't have to face Mrs. Wilhelm for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment