This is apparently her answer to the locked basement. She has rented a storage bin that she can fill with stuff (some of it mine) and then have it moved to her new place. It is locked so that I can't discover what is leaving the house.
Her plan now is to fill this thing up, have it removed on October 15th, and then go stay in a weekly rental in Ocean City. That is fine and good. As long as I can at least check out the contents of the alien pod before it lifts off.
She objected to that. She feels that it is none of my business how we divide up the stuff in the house. She intends to keep the lock on it. So sometime before the 15th, I have to buy a honking pair of bolt cutters.
My legal argument is this: If someone is going to plop down an alien pod on my driveway without my permission, and fill it with stuff from my house, I am entitled to look inside. Certainly I have the right to inspect containers that are placed on my property without my permission. I didn't rent this thing and it is my property. Right? Your Honor, I rest my case.
But the good thing is that she will jettison the Mother Pod on the 15th. The bad part is that I forgot to figure daycare expenses into my new budget, which was already at the tipping point. If daycare is more than the cost of a pizza, then I might need an alien pod of my own soon. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment