Here is a new development! My mail has been disappearing before I see it. I know this because I've seen it in the mailbox, but it never seems to make it into the house.
My brother (you know who you are) gets some mail here and there have been several times when he has asked if something special has arrived yet. "No," I tell him. "There is nothing like that here."
But then I noticed that a jury summons and a credit card in an envelope never made it into the house. They had been in the mailbox, but I left them there as I was leaving for work. They disappeared.
So yesterday I tried something. My brother got two bills. I left them in the mailbox. Yesterday night the mail had been retrieved by my wife, but the bills were no where to be found.
I looked again, and there they were: In the wastebasket, with some macaroni and cheese. I asked her about them and she admitted seeing them, but swore she didn't throw them out. She told me she didn't care about them or about who may have thrown them out.
Today I asked her daughter about them. She told me with certainty that she threw nothing out today. Hmmm. "Did you throw them out yesterday??"
...pause..."Yeah"
So there it is. She threw them out, and probably threw out the jury summons and the credit card, and who-knows-how-many other important documents.
It's ridiculous. Not even the mail is safe from them. Tomorrow I will go to the post office and have all my mail held or forwarded, so that it is safe from the guests in my house.
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment