Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ring + Camera = Bicycle

She didn't take kindly to my request for the ring back. She insists that she doesn't have it, although we both know she does. It was in the jewelry box that she took.

But it is a no-win situation for me. I'll never get the money back, although I might be able to mention it next time I am in court. Perhaps it will show her greed? In the meantime, I can't do anything with the check except give it to her. Otherwise I could be accountable for destroying it. So I dropped the check in the mail.


Maybe I should have put it in an envelope.


Now she is asking me for her old bicycle from the garage. Apparently the ring, my retirement, the furniture, and half the house was not enough. Oh, and she apparently took my digital camera too. I guess I'll never see that again.

I told her I would trade the bike for the ring and camera. She responded with:

"Don't have your ring or camera. I'm really sorry you are so bitter. I'll get my own damn bike."


Somehow the habit of taking from me is just too hard to break.

No comments: