Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Disney


In an effort to show my daughter who is the best parent, I took her to Disney!

Just kidding. Really. I haven't taken a vacation since 1986 and I thought it was time.

My daughter and I went to Disney World over the Memorial Day weekend and spent 5 days there trying all the rides, eating lots of junk, and stalking many furry costumed characters. It was a lot of fun and we will both remember it for a long time.

She got to dress up like a princess and have a Fairy Godmother fix her hair and nails. She loved it. She was so excited about it that she was almost in shock, barely able to speak. And once she looked like Cinderella she ran to Ariel's Dance Party to dance with a giant Sebastian crab guy while a DJ played tunes. She would have danced all night if the fireworks hadn't made us dive under a table.

We had a great time. And I only lost her once. Luckily, an employee returned her to me.

1 comment:

Dr. Cajka said...

And this SO counteract's your ex's example that a girl's value is defined by her clothes, makeup, and ability to attract and keep the hottest guy at the dance.

Bleh. Pernicious Disney.