Monday, September 24, 2007

Miss Behaved

Another Halloween approaches.

Last year, my wife went out in a costume made from sexy underwear. Who knows how she will top that this year. I don't really care, or try not to anyway. But I am a little concerned about our 6-year-old daughter. She looks up to her mother and always wants to copy her. So I am hoping that she doesn't want to go out in her underwear.

I was glad when my daughter told me that her mother got her a prisoner costume. That would be cute. I imagined a little prisoner with striped clothes and a ball and chain, probably doing time for not eating her vegetables.

But then she showed me the costume.

It is a simple striped dress that doesn't even reach her knees. It is short. It includes a pink choker with spikes, leather-like wrist restraints, platform shoes, and a name-tag that says Miss Behaved. She is going out on Halloween as an escapee from an overcrowded lesbian prison for strip club dancers.

That is not what I imagined at all. I couldn't help but look a little concerned about it. My daughter wasn't very enthused about it either, but Mommy had picked it out. I told the little girl that this costume is nice, but is probably a little too sexy for a 6-year-old. "You know what I mean?" I asked. She didn't. But she saw an opportunity to get another costume. So we gathered our courage and went out to the store with mutilated rubber bodies and rats to find another costume.

Again I have to wonder what has happened to Halloween. There are huge sections of the store devoted to the slut costumes, and there are obviously little girl versions for most of them. But luckily my daughter had her heart set on getting the Dorothy costume (from the Wizard of Oz).

We found the Dorothy costume and the basket with Toto and everyone was happy...except her mother. Maybe she can fit into the Miss Behaved costume herself.



Girl's Costume Warehouse





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruiner, once again your pain is the completion of my delight. I fully agree that we shouldn't send little girls out in slut costumes to gather candy. They'll need those costumes later to gather husbands. Whoa, did I actually write that? I can see I've been reading your blog too much. But I ain't gonna stop, no I ain't.

Also, can you tell me where I can get more of those pictures?