2007 has now passed, thank God, and it is a new year.
I didn't have any really big plans for New Year's eve, just dinner with friends. I met them at Chili's for an enjoyable dinner and laughs. It was great. Karen and Sue (high school friends from 70 years ago) also showed up. We got caught up on what everyone is doing and then headed to my house.
I hadn't planned a party or anything, but I thought it would be nice to hang out for a while. Maybe drink some of growing supply of liquor. But the night didn't go as expected.
Being the host, I thought I would show Sue the basement which I finished using some cool artifacts from the old Strand Theater on the boardwalk. We walked downstairs and just as Sue was stepping onto the laminate wood floor in her socks , she fell, breaking her big toe. (Aha. This must be the spot where I over-sprayed some wood polish while cleaning up a bookcase.)
It all happened quickly. One minute we are laughing about stuff and the next second Sue is on the floor, still holding her margarita.
We weren't sure if it was broken or not, so we put Sue on the sofa and put ice on her toe. Looking at her toe I thought, "this might not be broken, that is, if your toe was always pointed in that strange direction." But it was probably worth it to have it x-rayed.
So Sue and Karen took off for the emergency room (I offered to go but Karen assured me she could handle it). At the hospital they confirmed it was broken AND they pulled it back into place, which must have been terrible. Too bad she hadn't finished that margarita.
What had looked like a promising New Year's Eve turned out badly, and I so sorry that I injured my friend. Oh well. It was 2007 after all, which generally sucked. So I was glad when the year was finally over.
At midnight I heard some explosions coming from the neighbor's house as I checked out the best videos on YouTube. My favorite is the Dramatic Chipmunk (prairie dog).
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment